The consumers have now shifted their focus from purchasing offline to purchasing online as well, which is comparatively convenient.
We bring here 9 steps to take your business online, in addition to running your business in a offline traditional way.
- Choose the right domain name
- Choose a Domain name that represents who you are, and what you do.
- Get the domain name from a good domain name registrar.
- Plan your Website
- Plan exactly what your website should do.
- Is it for Information? To Inspire? To generate sales leads? To Sell Products & Services?
- Pick your designer
- Choose a good designer who can build a good website that achieves your objectives.
- Consider these objectives: cost, customization, complexity, time, and ongoing maintenance.
- Create valuable content
- Create valuable content according to your business. Generally, the pages to be built includes Home, About Us, Products/Services, Testimonials, and Contact Us.
- Have a good Logo, Fonts, Colors, layout, etc.
- Get your website found
- Improve your chances of getting visible on search pages through SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Your content, keywords, image optimization, meta tags, reviews, etc. are important in your search rankings.
- Connect with customers on Social Media
- Social media helps you to build relationships with your customers, build your brand, drive traffic to your website, establish expertise & listen to customer insights.
- Ultimately, all these activities help you make sales.
- Drive traffic to your website
- Use different mechanisms such as emails, blogs, online communities, run promotions to drive traffic to your website.
- Use your website & Emails to Generate leads
- Include a contact form, sign-up form, email opt-in box in your website. Give a special offer to join the email list. Use Email Marketing to engage with your audience in the email list.
- Measure, Improve and Grow
- Stay Social. Tweak your social media strategy as you gain some experience engaging with followers.
- Keep your website updated with relevant content and blogs.
- Track your website’s performance.
- Take appropriate actions to improve your desired objectives such as driving more traffic, engagement, serving your customers, lead generation & making sales.
Grow your business by staying focussed & following all these 9 steps.